Tuesday 9 October 2012

'FroYo Style' Logo Design

RESEARCH

There are few frozen yogurt companies in Malaysia. For examples like our biggest competitor - Tutti Frutti, Moo Cow, NESTLE, Marigold and many more. There are also some fruit juice companies producing yogurt drinks as well.
I had found some logo design from the internet, and yet comparing them on how they design a nice logo to attract customers' attention.



Tutti -Frutti & Moo Cow. 
Tutti - Frutti is actually using very 'sweet' colour and fruits on designing their logo. While Moo Cow, in my own opinion, it's logo has a concept which is 'simple and nice'. They choose cow as their logo design is because everyone knows yogurt made from cow's milk. When people look on it at first sight, will automatically think of yogurt. 


This logo design found from a designer web page. I'm kind of attracted to this logo because I love the colour the designer used in the logo. It is girlish and looks so gentle. 



MYO & Yogurt Cafe
The upper one is a logo of a yogurt shop, which located in Monterey, CA. 
Yogurt Cafe (bottom) also found from a designer webpage.




CONCEPT & IDEATION

Before I have any idea on creating my own logo, I did a lots of research on logo instead of just yogurt logo. And people usually love to use rounded shapes in the design. For examples like Starbucks, Mercedes - Benz, BMW, Pepsi, Dell and many more. 

This is where my inspiration/ideation came from.


I would like to create a mascot for my brand and also will appear on the logo. Penguin origin from southern part, which is the coolest place of the earth. And they are cute and tame (if people don't attack or disturb them, I think they will be so nice.) so that I use 'penguin' as my logo's mascot. 
Besides, instead of using round shape, I come out with an idea which is using STAR shape. It's really special and have a  younger and cheering feels. Just like Cheer-leaders used STARs on their costume design.

Sketches:

Penguin -

Final Design of Mascot 


Background -
In Starbucks logo, there are two stars right bottom of the 'Starbucks' word. That gives me an idea of making the logo in form of 'star' shape. 

Brand name: 'FroYo Style' 
Tag Line: Yogurt Indulgence 



CRAFTING

Step 1 (Scan & Draw with pen tool) 


Step 2 (Colour)


Step 3 (Grouping of Mascot design) 


Step 4 (Background) 


Step 5 (Add in pattern)


Step 6 (Grouping both Mascot & Background Design) 


Step 7 (Brand name) 


Step 8 (Colour + Tag Line)


Step 9 (Final - Grouping) 





FINAL ARTWORK 









No comments:

Post a Comment